Monday, February 17, 2014

Knotty headband

I love headbands. They keep hair out your face, but still let you wear it down.
The problem I find is that most plastic headbands in stores give me headaches. 

Luckily I'm obsessed with yarn and hooks. And can make my own super cushy head gear. So I whipped one up yesterday afternoon whilst watching one of my favorite movies with excessive violence (I love them, what can I say?).

Supplies:
H hook
Red heart with love chocolate
Yarn needle

CH 70
DC in 4th ch from hook and each ch across
Ch 1, turn. DC in each DC across
Ch 1 turn. SC in each DC across
Ch 1 turn. DC in each SC across
Ch 1 turn. DC in each DC across
Ch 1 turn. SC in each DC across.
**at this point you can stop, as I did. Or you can keep going 2 rows of DC 1 until it's as wide as you like**
Fold the work in half and sew ends together, work the yarn back to first row, and SC around it.


At the center, pinch together the top and bottom, to create a cute pucker. Sew this area together. 


Fasten off and weave in ends. 
Now we create the center portion.

Chain 30, DC in 4th chain from hook and across.
**Ch 1, turn. DC in back loops across**
Repeat from ** for 4 more rows.

Wrap around the pinched area of the headband and sew ends together. Fasten off and weave in ends. 


Wear this adorable-ness anywhere you can and love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment