Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Upton Uterus has an attitude problem

Last year I had a friend recovering from a hysterectomy. She and I have an odd sense of humor, so I knew I wanted to make her something that would make her laugh.

I chose to make a big uterus, with an angry facial expression. Seems weird, but I knew it would elicit quite the giggle, which she undoubtedly needed.

Here he is in all his glory:

He's angry!

As expected, she laughed and said he was a great comfort to her. Her teenage children were properly terrified when she told them what is was and decided to give a brief explanation of childbirth.

She commented that I should make one with a drawstring top to hold a baby and do childbirth education classes with it. Someday maybe.

Alas, I did not take notes as I was making him, so I need to remake another one and write down the pattern. I promise I will eventually. But for now, enjoy the anger of Upton Uterus.


No comments:

Post a Comment